Discuss Light Switch Locators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SKY

Doing some work in an old ladies house and she has asked for illuminated light switch locators at the top and bottom of the stairs as well as other key rooms in the house.

I normally use the MK ones which give a light green colour around the swich but I cannot use them this time as the lady has energy saving JCC LED downlights fitted and not standard incandescent lamps in most rooms.

Are there any plate locators available that can be used with energy saving lamps?

Cheers

Some illuminated switches actually use the live and CPC for the small current required, this would be fine for any type of lighting.

*Hard hat on*

have you tried the mk ones? araik, thy work off the l and the floating s/l.

If they use the switched live they'll probably make CFL's and LED's flicker or flash.

maybe not, but a trip wire at top of the stairs would. :lipsrsealed2:

Doing some work in an old ladies house and she has asked for illuminated light switch locators at the top and bottom of the stairs as well as other key rooms in the house.

I normally use the MK ones which give a light green colour around the swich but I cannot use them this time as the lady has energy saving JCC LED downlights fitted and not standard incandescent lamps in most rooms.

Are there any plate locators available that can be used with energy saving lamps?

Cheers
You can buy light switch surrounds which are fluorescent coated and they shine up in the dark and use no power at all

haven't had this problem my self but perhaps if connecting across phase and earth is not acceptable Adding a suppressor across switch line and neutral may help

Reply to Light Switch Locators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my old white light switches for nice chrome ones but the wires are all red but the new switch has only l1 l2 top and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Heavy industrial spark here, never do house bashing hence the question. I currently have a light switch at the front door not doing anything...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
I have a rocker type light switch the sticks out bit too far and interferes with a drawer, as in the picture. The switch seems properly installed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock