Discuss Light switch wiring help in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anne76

DIY
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me with this light switch? Photos of how it was wired to old switch but new switch is different with different names.
I’m confused to where the wires go?
Attached some photos

Attachments

• IMG_4123.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4122.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3600.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3605.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 15
i cant quite see the markings on the old switch.... but its made up of triangles of terminals...
The first has a single terminal at the top, 2 on the bottom.... the second switch has the single at the bottom and the 2 at the top. the third is same as the first..... Are the terminals marked C, L1,L2? it may be L1,L2,L3..
Doesnt really matter, as long as you know the single one at the pointy end of the triangle is the common, and the switch basically switches between L1 and L2.

Now for the new switch... it appears the markings are Com1, L11,L12 for switch 1....... Com2,L21,L22 for switch 2 and Com3,L31,L32 for switch 3
You can see they are not in the traditional triangle shape... but i have denoted in bold which terminals belong which switch

Reply to Light switch wiring help in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I’m new to the forum. Thanks for letting me join. Asking for some diy advicd… I’m trying to add a couple more security lights to the existing...
Replies
Views
Hi Total novi e but have wired multiple light switches previously and survived :) I've bought a nice WiFi enabled dinner switch for a new LED...
Replies
Views
hi could some one please help me with the wires on this light switch please i need to change it to a new one any help would be apreciated thanks
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m trying to change a pendent light, I’ve wired it the same as the previous light that was on there however the light is now permanently...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock