• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Light switch in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi

This is a bit for my OCD, the landing light works fine via both switches but when the light switches don't lie flush when the light is turned off if that makes sense? I have tried turning off the electrics and flicking the switch but it never work so its almost like the wires are the other way round?

Any ideas where I could start with this?

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Do you mean it's in the traditional 'off' position but the light is on? Have a think about how the two way switching works.

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
The way that 2 ways work you can have the scenario:
Both switches off - light off
Both switches on - light off
Either switch on, the other off - light on.

or the other way
Both on or both off - light on
One on, one off - light off

personally, I prefer the first method; all switches are off means the lights are off.

And my OCD makes me turn my kitchen switches off to match a 3rd switch on the same plate, even if that means turning the lights on and off again to get the correct configuration.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Light switch in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom