Discuss Light switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave87

DIY
Reaction score
Hi

This is a bit for my OCD, the landing light works fine via both switches but when the light switches don't lie flush when the light is turned off if that makes sense? I have tried turning off the electrics and flicking the switch but it never work so its almost like the wires are the other way round?

Any ideas where I could start with this?

Do you mean it's in the traditional 'off' position but the light is on? Have a think about how the two way switching works.

The way that 2 ways work you can have the scenario:
Both switches off - light off
Both switches on - light off
Either switch on, the other off - light on.

or the other way
Both on or both off - light on
One on, one off - light off

personally, I prefer the first method; all switches are off means the lights are off.

And my OCD makes me turn my kitchen switches off to match a 3rd switch on the same plate, even if that means turning the lights on and off again to get the correct configuration.

Reply to Light switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. I will start by apologizing for the elementary question. I'm sure you get them often. The chandelier is in a hallway controlled by a...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi I replaced a Flash immersion timer with an apt one today and it seemed straightforward but just wondering should the light on isolation switch...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have an outside light that is turned on with a switch from inside and would like to change it to a PIR version incorporating an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock