Discuss Light switch in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tgoss

Hello everyone,

I want to build a lamp with 2 different light bulbs. There can only be one light bulb switched on because otherwise the driver will become way too hot. So I want to make a switch that immediately switch a light bulb off when the other one is switched on. As you can see I don't know much about electronics ... And my mothertongue isn't English so I did my best to write this without mistakes.

Thanks a lot!!!
Kind Regards, TG

Standard 2 way switch will do the job. Feed in and 2 switch wires out :)

what voltage are the LEDs? if they are 12V D.C., a normal 2 way switch may not suit. assuming the driver output is 12V, you need a 3 position, centre common, switch with ON1 or ON2.

never seen 230V LEDs with a separate driver.

Standard 2 way switch will do the job. Feed in and 2 switch wires out :)

Thinking again a 2 way won't give an off position.

Oh OK! I figured it out :) I've solved the problem. A massive thanks to everyone for the answers on my question! Thanks! Tgoss

I'm going to do everything manually. I wanted to have everything automatic but I think that's a bridge too far for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The switch tel mentions in #5 will work.

I might sound like a retard. But I'm very new in these electricity things

Light switch on-off-on-diagram (1) - EletriciansForums.netfeed to 2( centre). lamp 1 to 3 . lamp 2 to 1

Reply to Light switch in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock