Discuss light wait steel toe cap trainers in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I wear New Rocks in my social hours so putting any STC boots on is light-weight to me, but i do find boots a bit luggish for climbing scaffolds etc .... STC trainers all the time for me :)

I wear cat boots with mid plate and toe cap, not noticeably heavy ,last for years and super comfortable. Not a trainer though .

Had to get new boots recently, on recommendation I went the Dr Martens 'tread chukker boot.

Have to say I'm dead chuffed with em. Really comfy, don't need the usual period of breaking in and hardly notice I'm wearing em.

Worth looking at imo.

were do you get these stc trainers from darkwood

See them in wholesalers all time on display, usually 30 -50 quid but i get them when they on offer, last pair were Dickies for £20; prob is trying to find good but cheap with sole plate in too but im always in different wholesalers so never had a sourcing problem.

Will keep looking got doctor Martin boots at the moment Lenny but me feet are sore after doing me 10 hour shifts do a fur bit of walking around diffe re nt buildings some one said Stanley do a steel toe cap pump will have a look on Stanley's web site cheers lads

Anyone that sells safety footwear will normally sell safety trainers as well. Arco have some at £20, Screwfix Toolstation sell them at £30.

They are much more comfortable but they are not so good when you miss the toe cap, the trainer material will still allow a good scrape over your foot/ankle whereas the leather of boots helps a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will keep looking got doctor Martin boots at the moment Lenny but me feet are sore after doing me 10 hour shifts do a fur bit of walking around diffe re nt buildings some one said Stanley do a steel toe cap pump will have a look on Stanley's web site cheers lads

I bought a pair of Dr Martens Tamarack boots, they are the most comfortable boots ever, fit my wide feet comfortably.

Had to get new boots recently, on recommendation I went the Dr Martens 'tread chukker boot.

Have to say I'm dead chuffed with em. Really comfy, don't need the usual period of breaking in and hardly notice I'm wearing em.

Worth looking at imo.

these?

light wait steel toe cap trainers 10833001 - EletriciansForums.net

In a former life I was a Training Instructor tasked with the selection, training & welfare of some 85 apprentice engineers.

The company had a scheme for the supply of safety boots / shoes & trainers, and I noticed that the apprentices would order a pair of steel toecapped boots AND a pair of steel toecapped trainers BUT never seemed to wear the trainers at work.

One day, curiosity got the better of me & I asked a few of the lads what they were doing with the trainers. The answer was that they were member of 5 a side football teams & the wore them for playing 5 a side football - NOT so much for kicking the ball - more for kicking their opponents !!!

Reply to light wait steel toe cap trainers in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock