Discuss lighting circuit Query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sam400

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all first post on this forum,would like some advice I am just changing some light fittings in a 60/70s bungalow and the lighting circuit is wired in twin cable, the CPC for each metal light fitting is nicked locally from various JBs throughout the loft, I imagine I will be fitting class 1 light fittings. I dont like this arrangement because the lighting circuit earthing relies on other circuits which could be altered or removed during future works. I am pushing to rewire the lighting with a minimum of adding a CPC to lighting circuit alongside the twin in 4mm2.

Am I looking at this the right way?

Cheers

hello sam400
you have the right idea pushing for a rewire as this is what i would suggest but you can always do a long lead cpc test to see if the cpc is continuous to the db
bu also why are you rewiring it in 4mm

nope. it's because the min. size for a separate cpc, unprotected, is 4mm. forget the reg.

I think you mean run a 4mm earth as the cpc along the twin which is already in place. But consider that if you have the ability to do this, then it may just be worth while running an actual 1/1.5 t&e any way, even if it's just for the loop in loop out.

Reply to lighting circuit Query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all. So I am sure the expertise on this forum will be able to decode this very easily. But it has completely baffled me. I'm in training so...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Quick query for this still practicing regarding bill payment for a job not complete. My partner recently employed an electrician to do...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock