Discuss Lighting for shower/wet room? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

All,

Got to locate 2 lights for a shower/wet room. Both are to replace non IP rated fittings!

1 is for the ceiling
1 is wall mounted and is reasonably close to the shower area!

Suggestions please

Thanks

consult your 17th Edition regulation putting in consideration the IP rating.

Yes thanks I have consulted my regs and OSG.

Done searches on google too. Got lots of IP44 but rarely finding anything with a higher rating which I would prefer hence asking the question.

What would you suggest?

Sorry about the flip response.
I would probably be happy with an IP44 fitting in the ceiling, especially as experience has shown that the non IP fittings have not shocked anyone yet, it is rare to spray the ceiling!
I like the nova lights from TLC, bright enough for a shower but reasonably stylish as far as any enclosed fitting will be.

For the one on the wall near the shower as you say difficult to find greater than IP44, obviously meets the regs but not ideal in my view. mainly you are stuck with an IP65 down light in the wall, if you have enough room (not likely) or to look at exterior lights that do come in IP65 fairly readily and see if there is one that would match the decor.
Some of the stainless steel wall lights can be quite reasonable for inside.

Reply to Lighting for shower/wet room? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
I have 16 ceiling spots to be replaced in a room being repurposed as a bathroom. Some will be over a shower, basin and bath hence need to be IP65...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
Hi All, looking for some assistance on this as finding different information wherever i look. We have a garage external to the house, which we...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, We have bought 2 new low-hanging light fittings from Ikea to go side by side above dining room table to replace the single pendant...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock