Discuss LIGHTING HELP in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I need some help wiring only been doing electrical 2 weeks and this is my assessment, I've got to run a piece of FP200 2 core + earth to a light switch then a 3 core + earth to the next light switch then from the light switch to the ceiling rose can someone create a drawing or explain to us cheers I've put a picture but a bit ----

image.jpeg

feed in line to common of 1st switch , brown of 3 core and earth connect between L1 of the switches, black of 3 core and earth sleeved up brown connected between L2 of the switches.

common of 2nd switch connects to L of the light.

sleeve the greys of the 3core and earth blue, in 1st switch grey sleeved blue connects with neutral of feed in, in second switch grey sleeved blue connects with the neutral to the light. you will have to use a connector block or wago etc to connect the neutrals. CPC's terminated appropriately.

Thanks for your help rather more people like you that wants someone to learn Esther then get abuse, I'm meant to do a dead test on the lighting circuit aswell just to check the lights do turn off and on from each switch do you know how to do it?

Thanks for your help rather more people like you that wants someone to learn Esther then get abuse, I'm meant to do a dead test on the lighting circuit aswell just to check the lights do turn off and on from each switch do you know how to do it?
To confirm its switching you could do a continuity test between the feed (common at 1st switch) and line in the pendant and operate both switches in all directions. when you get continuity the light would be on and when you don't the light would be off, Or R1+R2 and operate the switches in all directions or R1+Rn and operate switches in all directions.

Reply to LIGHTING HELP in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net