Discuss Lighting trunking - plastic lid in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Doing a lighting upgrade on a commercial workshop using existing 2" metal lighting trunking. Some of the trunking is mounted lid to the top, some lid to the floor.

Now in my understanding for 18th all cables need to be secured with adequate metal fastening. So with the lid down trunking what could / would other people use. Thought about around band and nut bolt, so can be accessed.

Firefly clips?

Are you worried about Plastic lid (suggested in title)? ... as above you can get all sorts of fire rated clips for cables that sit beneath the trunking lid and support cables, from my understanding it is to stop premature collapse of the cables not the trunking lid so would these not be sufficient

Metal clips for holding cables inside trunking and metal lid you can buy the clips you turn with a flat head and pre drill your cuts.

Last edited:
How far apart are these new fittings and I assume that they are a metal body? would these support in part the wiring dropping out if the lid fails.

My thoughts were are to use metal ties or al round band to support cables in event of fire melting plastic liid. Probably should have explained it better as was meant to mean, is the plastic ok / fire rated to support cables. As with yt? Sticky trunking metal clips are needed, but you are allowed to use plastic raw plugs for fastenings.
It's just I've never seen any larger clips to go in 2" trunking.
Anyway problem solved.
Thanks

We don't know what brand of trunking he is working with so how can we know whether metal lid is available, or ever was available for that particular brand?
I know what you mean. Working after some EICRs, I've found it very difficult getting hold of some types of lid.

Reply to Lighting trunking - plastic lid in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock