Discuss Lighting trunking in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So workshop with perimeter 75x 75 galv trunking, with overhead lighting trunking suspended from rod with hangers, lighting trunking is quite a bit higher than the perimeter trunking, how do you link the two?

Would you use an internal bend and flange it down onto the trunking at either end? Or an end cap with flexible conduit down onto the trunking?

Just had a thought, the M&E plans show uni strut across two runs of the lighting trunking and marcaddy reels attached to it, the whole lot is going to swing when they pull down the reels to use at benches, there is no way to anchor the lighting trunking as it's basically in the middle of the workshop

Swinging lights won't be acceptable.
The strut for the reels needs diagonal bracing back up to the roof, that's an M&E design issue which should have been thought of.

Typical M&E consultants, there's a lot that's not been thought of, it's not really my place to say though. I'll leave it to the approved guys on the job

Reply to Lighting trunking in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am planing on building a (not sure what to call it) U shaped storage solution which goes either side and above the headboard of a bed. I...
Replies
Views
Have dealt with central battery systems in the past, fire rated cable that either loops in and out of the luminaire using ceramic terminal blocks...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock