Discuss Lighting with no rcd in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

APE37

-
Reaction score
HI guys,
just wondering if I can pick some brains. Going to install a loft light and switch off a lighting circuit and the circuit don't have rcd protection, as cables are on surface I don't believe Rcd is needed. What I am doubting myself a little with is my work mate says I need to install bonding to bathroom as I will be taking responsibility for all the circuit. I thought that my addition should meet regs and ensure main bonds in place and existing (I.e no presence of supp bonds and Rcd for existing wiring )should be noted on minor cert. unfortunately I am so used to working on newer stuff at mo and others have said different I am starting to doubt myself. Just thought I would get others opinions here.

Cheers
APE

I'd say crack on with it, you are not putting anything in the bathroom so why be bothered with supp bonding.

if you were making changes in the bathroom, then that's different.

Hi guys,
just thought I would reply as have today off now, thanks for answers. Really appreciate it. Thought I was right but when someone says different you start to think and doubt sets in.
Anyway thanks a lot and all the best.
cheers.

Reply to Lighting with no rcd in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
I live in Australia; you can use a socket tester to test the RCD for the power outlet circuit. Plug device to a 3-pin wall socket, set testing mA...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock