Discuss Lightning Protection Certificate in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mydigitalhome

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hello Guys, Hope you can help do any of you have a sample lightning protection certificate that you can send me?
I'm working on a site away from home not back for a few weeks and need to refresh my memory on things I need to do. Just had the client make this request so was not prepared for it. Dont want to rush out and buy another BS when I have it sitting at home and really dont fancy the 5 hour drive back home. Thanks in advance.

There is no standard, they're all different. Some will just list the earth readings, some will detail all the characteristics of the installation etc.

There are too many things you need to do on an inspection to list. It's took me the past 5 years to be comfortable knowing I can do a good job and do a thorough inspection.

Thanks Robson689 I was hoping you may have something like the attached which I found on the internet. What do you use?

Attachments

• ModForm2209_Lightning_protection_systems_v1_1-U.pdf
    471.9 KB · Views: 58
That looks like it covers it all to be honest. The company I work for has gone paperless so I've not got any forms but the ones we did use were custom made and were designed to contain only the essential information for the type of test certificate they issued.

Here's one I created a while ago, if you need it in Excel format message me your email address as I can't upload in that format.

Attachments

• LP Test Cert.pdf
    108.6 KB · Views: 49

Reply to Lightning Protection Certificate in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock