Discuss Lightning Strike in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

We
a lot of people are killed by lightning every year, done some looking up and says when lightning strikes and it strikes sending like a spider web through the ground, could be fences but all the cows probably wasn’t at the fence. What do y’all think

We

a lot of people are killed by lightning every year, done some looking up and says when lightning strikes and it strikes sending like a spider web through the ground, could be fences but all the cows probably wasn’t at the fence. What do y’all think
It will have been step voltage that killed them as quadrupeds are more susceptible to potential differences. I did a lightning protection course a few years ago and I find the subject very interesting.

There was quite a well known incident in the UK when two race horses were electrocuted by a damaged buried cable: BBC Sport - Horse Racing - Newbury horse racing deaths blamed on electrocution - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/9395743.stm

Reply to Lightning Strike in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

It would seem that there are some of you reading this who would think so, one person inparticular, due to the fact that I have some German World...
Replies
Views
B
Prince Charles:rolleyes4: thinks he's nailed the troubles in Syria (see below) its down to global warming (we need oil to cool our houses:lol...
Replies
Views
F
FIT payments - A cut too soon, a cut too Deep and consequences thereof: Why a cut to FIT tariffs is necessary: It is necessary because the FIT...
Replies
Views
babba
B
J
View From The Site - The Old Breed I received an email this week asking if I can post this article up on here. A view from the site. Written by...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock