Discuss Lights flashing in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Zanrek

DIY
Reaction score
Hi

I have a bathroom light that requires 2 bulbs. To be honest it was bought a few years ago and I have only just installed it as we've only just finished the upstairs bathroom.

I have the 2 bulbs, (G23 Led 2 pin).

If I don't have both bulbs in, neither bulb works, so I'm guessing the it needs both light bulbs to close the circuit.

When I have both bulbs in they alternate, flashing but one after the other, it's not random flickering or flashing.

Both bulbs have clicked home in their sockets, they don't wiggle or move

If I put a non working bulb in one socket, the other one doesn't flash

Any ideas how I can stop this happening?

Thanks

TL;DR
Lamp 2 bulbs, bulbs flickering but alternating, not random flickering (G23 9W 2 pin)
Do you have the instructions for the original light?

If it's an older type the ballast etc may be designed for the fluorescent version of G23 bulbs.

Often the LED lamps don't need the ballast but it has to be removed or bypassed for them to work.

I'd try plugging in fluorescent versions of the bulb to see if it then works correctly.

Do you have the instructions for the original light?

If it's an older type the ballast etc may be designed for the fluorescent version of G23 bulbs.

Often the LED lamps don't need the ballast but it has to be removed or bypassed for them to work.

I'd try plugging in fluorescent versions of the bulb to see if it then works correctly.
Thank you, I have ordered the fluorescent bulbs to see if that makes a difference.

The light was originally an Ikea light, so I don't remember it coming with instructions other than how to put it up on the wall.

Reply to Lights flashing in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net