Discuss Lights going dim when switched in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve got a question about an issue I’m having.

During a kitchen renovation we’ve decided to have open doors fitted to the patio and as a result I’ve fitted 2 way lighting to the kitchen spots.

I’ve also broken in to the permanent feed and neutral going to the spots first and run an outside light over the doors.

When this light is switched on it comes on very dim, and it also dims the lounge light.

I can’t work it out as the cable I broke in to was definitely the permanent live and I brought that down to a switch then back up to the outside light. Voltage is 230v one side of the switch and then 230v back at the light when switched

I swapped the outside flood too but still the same issue

I’ve checked for loose cables

Thanks

Reply to Lights going dim when switched in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have just installed 8x GU10 downlights in our kitchen with a 2 way setup using the 2 cable method, when I turned the light on they are...
Replies
Views
Kitchen led lights have all of a sudden dimmed by about 30% no dimmer in the system. There are 2 switches for this set of lights. Regardless of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock