Discuss Lithium-ion combi drills in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SafetyFirst

Hi folks, can anyone recommend me any combi drills they've used with good spec in the lith-ion battery range. Ni-cads are pants but ion's are very expensive, i've looked at main places like CPC/B&Q/MachineMart etc and it's looking like i'll have to shell out £350 mark so i wanna make sure i pick up one thats gonna last my whole lifetime lol.

Ideally drill to be 3A hr and 18-24V good at doing everything from drilling joists upto 32mm and lots of steel whole cutting without burning out!

Any suggestions were i could get some quality deals etc would be welcome thanks.

Hilti seem to be the best but I am usure whether even £350 would get you a top model.

I use Bosch 36v and am more than happy with them. Have a look at this one here: Bosch GSB 36 V LI - ION Cordless Combi Drill (2x2.6Ah) on eBay (end time 10-Mar-10 16:42:58 GMT)

Comes with 3 year warranty, 2 x 2.6ah batteries and I was using the same one yesterday to drill 25mm holes with a blunt auger bit with no problems.

I have used Middlesex machines for all my Bosch gear and they are superb.

The problem is you pay cheap u get cheap, (36v bosch is the best in my opinion)

Try itslondon.co.uk they are reasonable

That site looks sweet thanks but it aint got that drill. It's important it's a combi drill not just purely a hammer sds drill which i thought 36v usually are? Thats why i was thinking 18v-24v. The amp hr's the important thing though as i have used a 14.4v combi drilli before which wasn't mine and that was pretty good.

Hilti seem to be the best but I am usure whether even £350 would get you a top model.

I use Bosch 36v and am more than happy with them. Have a look at this one here: Bosch GSB 36 V LI - ION Cordless Combi Drill (2x2.6Ah) on eBay (end time 10-Mar-10 16:42:58 GMT)

Comes with 3 year warranty, 2 x 2.6ah batteries and I was using the same one yesterday to drill 25mm holes with a blunt auger bit with no problems.

I have used Middlesex machines for all my Bosch gear and they are superb.

Funny you mentioned hilti while i was replying to another post. They only sell independantly i notice. I briefly used a makita combi 18v which seemed good but that wsa £300. That Bosch does look nice!lol.

How long have you had it and how much have you used it mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
They only sell through their own outlets so they can monopolise their prices, it's the same way festool give their dealers really stricked price guidelines ie no discount or you lose our backing.

I have had it nearly two years now and it gets used almost daily. I have given it some realy hammer (Pardon the pun) never let me down and 2 batteries seem to be more than enough for the day.

It has hammer and standard drill mode so can be used for drilling brick, stone as well as wood & metal.

However if you are drilling a lot of joists I would recommend getting a corded drill as well as drilling wood seems to really kill the batteries inany cordless drill.

Hope this helps.

i think you need the makita bhp451 18v combi come's with 2x 3.0ah batterys and a 22 min fast charger try screwfix and fleabay i'm buying the lxt202 kit it come's with a impact driver at the moment i can get the kit for £330 on fleabay good luck

i use a bosch 36v sds which stung me about 380 wit 2 2.6ah batteries it a god send great power paid itself off in no time, i also have a makita 18v combi li ion also a good piece of kit although they have actually went up in price since i bought mine off a screwfix:D

Reply to Lithium-ion combi drills in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net