Discuss Live sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

gvelec

Hi all,

I'm new here, so please go easy :yes:. Would appreciate some assistance though.

I've just been around to my mums and go a little buzzing type shock from the toaster. I only had my electrical testing screwdriver with me as i'm miles away from home. The screws are indeed live for this socket as well as for a neighbouring socket. Verified that it is a ring from the DU, and have killed the circuit.

I've checked the earth connections to the sockets and they are fine. Any ideas on how i can test and fix this up in quick time with no equipment. I know that really should have been carrying my Kewteck multifunction :6:.

Thanks

you need to do a thorough test procedure. R1+R2 to start with. check also the main equipotential bonding to gas and water. check to see if you have a voltage N/E. , Ze, Zs, etc., etc.

I only had my electrical testing screwdriver with me.

frightening........

I know. Frightening! But travelled 150miles for the weekend. Didn't think I'd need my mf. I may well make a trip back tomorrow to pick it up. Can't leave it like this. Nor can I do a temp job until next week.

Thanks fellas

I think he's saying it's a fault on the socket where the toaster plugged in, not the toaster itself.

Yeah, but if he's only got an 'electrical testing screw driver' with him, buying a new toaster is about the only thing that can be done.

I got two wera neons ( just in case one lies to me) keep them beside my gold card....lol

For what it's going to cost you in fuel it would probablu have been cheaper to post up the location and pay someone off here to come out with his test kit

Neon screwdrivers are the devils work and should be banned.

I take it there is no rcd, check they live conductors insulation isn't damaged and check the ze, could be too high for the fuse/mcb to trip

Neon screwdrivers are the devils work and should be banned.

I take it there is no rcd, check they live conductors insulation isn't damaged check the ze, could be too high for the fuse/mcb to trip

Reply to Live sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock