Discuss Live tests on Economy 7? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNS1

Electrician's Arms
It may be completely stupid but I've been wondering about this one for a while...

Short of coming back at night, how do I get Ze or do the RCD testing for an economy 7 system?

KFH

Regular EF Member
Last one I did had no seals on the clock so I just advanced it. Otherwise a set of leads from the main CU, this will change the results slightly but should be for the worse so if they are OK you should also be OK on the proper tails.

tony mc

Electrician's Arms
I recently fitted a CU for Econ 7 which was not yet connected.

I took a live feed from the main CU with 10mm just to do the tests then connected the 25 mm tails for the DNO to connect when they changed the meter!

Dead tests would be OK for your certificate calculating the ZS. (But then your RCD needs testing)

ZE would be taken as you would normally do it at the premises!

richy3333

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Stay over night with the customer ;)

I think you mean Zs? As said I'd run some temporary tails to test and note the certificate accordingly. If minor job calculate Zs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • Black

Votes: 33 34.0%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.