Discuss Load from two meters in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

JoCage

-
Reaction score
Hello,

I live in jordan. We have a 380Vp-p, star, 4-wire, earthed neutral connection to the building. We get 220V to the apartment. I have recently installed an EV charging station for my car. The electrician got the station’s hot wire from one of the building phases. But, for some reason, he could not return the neutral wire to the same meter. Instead, he connected it to my apartment’s neutral which is connected to a different meter.

Is this configuration safe? or does it cause problems in billing?

This is a UK based forum so how and why things are done in your part of the world may differ from here however, I suspect the method of connection may create a dangerous situation in your apartment whereby the neutral may show voltage to earth when isolated. I would recommend you seek a second opinion.

Pretty sure Jordan is one of the Countries that use BS7671.
I don't believe it does. I lived in neighbouring KSA and it doesn't. UAE might use it for some stuff along with NEC for other stuff. When I was in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan there were no BS outlets used, nor were there in the neighbouring Syrian Arab Republic or neighbouring Palestine.

Reply to Load from two meters in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
Hello again, Was looking at installing yet another dedicated consumer box for my EV charger off the henley blocks and i noticed that a meter...
Replies
Views
I'm fitting one of the Apex 7S units on Friday. I'd avoided the original range after a couple of bad experiences but I figured a new model might...
Replies
Views
Hello, we moved in to a new build flat a couple of years ago and after a year or so we realised that the landlords electric meter had run up quite...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock