Discuss local authority smoke alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

frankmac

Hi Guys ,friends house was rewired 3 yrs ago.........contractor installed 3 x mains powered smoke detectors with battery back up smoke detectors which can can be tested and silenced via double gang test switch...........problem ocurrs approx 9pm each evening ..........sounders start blasting will silence by operating test switch.maybe 30mins later same problem...........tried taking heads off one each evening still the same.Batteries cann`t be changed,good until 20016 so it say on head.
anybody any ideas................tried cleaning them.
Cheers Frankmac.

try going to pub befor 9 and you wont hear them and when you get back you wont care sorry not what you wanted to hear but after a few stellas best i can do
ok lets be serious give us the make and model and ill look into it

Reply to local authority smoke alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Recently we've been having a few issues with smoke and heat detectors.. been fitting them for years and years now mostly without any...
Replies
Views
Having a bit of a mare at the moment with a small 2 story HMO (6 single rooms with shared kitchen) which was fitted relatively recently (2016 or...
Replies
Views
Evening evening had a job spec come through today that read: 'Services required: replace a consumer unit / fuse box Additional information: We...
Replies
Views
J
I need to install a fire alarm system to a three storey building HMO. The council has specified an Automatic Fire Detection System to comply with...
Replies
Views
Hello electricians, I got myself an Mx4100 fire alarm panel about a year ago from a relative, I unistalled the panel, got yards upon yards of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock