Discuss LOCAL TRADERS . com in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

coxyboy

I signed up to LOCAL TRADERS . COM and went live 2 months ago and have had NO work leads!! ive signed up for four local areas to me costing me a total of £310 plus VAT.
i feel like ive been well and truly ripped off and have tried to explain this politally to them asking for a full re fund and all they say is that you have signed a contact and thats that.

has any one else ever had any dealings with local traders . com? if so what was your experiance with them? and does any one know my consumer rights as i think i have been sold this under false info from the sale guy.
any sort of feed back would be very greatful.

many thanks
Darren

i had them cold call me. when i said i might be interested, they were on the phone 3 times a day till i signed up and paid them for 3 months. £134. when i received the contract, there were several discrepancies between the contract and what was promised on the phone. one thing was, he told me leads would be passed to not more than 3 sparks. the contract said 6. although i would not go live till some time in march, my 3 month's fee ran from jan 1st. i then got on the phone, and after a lot of hassle, used the right to cancel within 14 days and got a refund. AVOID THESE SCAMMERS LIKE THE PLAGUE. PROMISE THE EARTH AND ALL YOU GET IS A REDUCED BANK BAlANCE.

thank you for a reply

does any one use any other sites like my hammer or my builder?

also was thinking of doing leaf let drops, what would you say works better - houses or shops or abit of both??

many thanks
Darren

it's hit and miss. 1 week get 3 jobs from local rag ad. next week, nothing. work is hard to come by and these leeches like local traders take advantage. they are all the same! i don't know if you have any comeback on local traders, but you could try trading standards. at least you've learnt not to put your head in the lion's cage again when you've had it bitten once already.

Went for a 6 month stint with them when I first set up, cost 100 quid. Had quite a few job alerts, but the bad thing was that none of the customers wanted contacting by phone, it was always text communication. On 99% of the jobs I had through, they wanted a quote there and then and when I did ever ring them it was either no answer, or we've had it done now.

My advice would be to cancel your membership ASAP because sometimes they will renew your next years or whatever period you signed up to automatically, its in their terms. I fell for it and had to have a 2nd stint of 6 months, they wouldn't cancel it at all.

Although some slate rated people, they only charge a tenner plus the VAT for 3 months at the minute and theres quite a bit of work flying around on there. Personally in the last 3 weeks since signing up to them, I have had 4 leads bought and manged to complete a successful quote for 3 of them. Could thing is you actually get the customer details so you can speak to them to discuss the job.

as above^^^ . i was with rated people for a while and got a few jobs from them. as amp david says, the membership is only a tenner for the 1st 3 months, and you have the option to buy leads. if you don't like the look of the job, you don't buy.

ok thank you for the advice do you get much work from local ad in paper??

i used to advertise, dont need to now cause have been going over 10 yrs now so the phone rings, but with the way things are people not spending money i may have to advertise again just to keep things plodding.

I'm well p*ssed off with Local Traders, I signed up with them 6 months ago, had 2 leads the last being in February, I had completely forgotten about them until I received a letter saying thanks for renewing your contract and by the way we have just taken £168 from your credit card. When I signed up they promised a regular supply of leads, TV ad campaigns etc etc. AVOID THIS RIP OFF .

Just had a salesperson from Local Traders try and sign me up even though I am already (unfortunately)signed up with them til the end of the year. Obviously I told them what a complete waste of time and money they were. Just shows they don't know their ar*e from their elbow.

Reply to LOCAL TRADERS . com in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net