Discuss Lock Off Devices? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Electroreaper

Hi Guys

how many of us use Lock Off Devices or Warning Notices?

What are the best lock offs to get and where can they be purchased as i cant find them anywhere to buy?

Most wholesalers should have them if not google them as for useage it should be everytime however it really depends on the situation if its a building site yes if its one house and the old dear cant even reach the CU why bother.

Chris

only if i feel like living. rs components sell them, never underestimate the stupidity of the human race.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use lockouts and warning notices because frankly I don't trust people. I believe that this is the correct attitude to adopt.

i live in N.Ireland, but i work in a factory full of non english speaking, wanna be helpful foreigners, "hey my friend!!!!..no problem with machine, just switch this on my friend"...bang.
you see??

There is nothing wrong in correct attitudes and I remember m y college lecturer telling us that the Majority of

people who got shocks were actually electricians BUT in a Domestic situation you are called in to do a job

and you tell her you are turning off the power THEY COME ALONG AND TURN IT ON ?

I suppose you are right you will never get a shock .

It would be so much easier if consumer units came with a pair of holes on the outer cover you could put a padlock on, rather than all this faffing about with different types of lockoff devices.Then everything inside would stay just how you left it. I've got four or five different lockoff devices and they could be broken off with a screwdriver quite easily I reckon

It would be so much easier if consumer units came with a pair of holes on the outer cover you could put a padlock on, rather than all this faffing about with different types of lockoff devices.Then everything inside would stay just how you left it. I've got four or five different lockoff devices and they could be broken off with a screwdriver quite easily I reckon

Indeed. Add to this problem the fact that wholesalers don't stock lockoff devices! :mad:

You have to order them specially.

Why aren't they supplied along with protective devices, main switches etc.?

Last edited:
most commercial/industrial dbs sw fuses ect ect come with lock on door/some kind of lock off but the door keys are generaly a Universal type key hence IMO the mcb lock off thingy and a nice big multi lock thingy everytime

Reply to Lock Off Devices? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net