Discuss Loft conversion wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Still waiting to see if the OP has a reg book
Loft conversion wiring {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
the op can look at it .;)

In the modern world we don’t need books, all the answers are on line.

The OP seemed to think that someone had looked this up to give him the answer - I was meaning that an electrician would not need to look up a simple query such as this (regardless of web or printed material). I should be clearer in my wording!

The OP seemed to think that someone had looked this up to give him the answer - I was meaning that an electrician would not need to look up a simple query such as this (regardless of web or printed material). I should be clearer in my wording!

Yes I know what you meant, I was just commenting on how all the latest generation seem to think all the answers are on line..
they don’t have a long term memory, just look for answers when they are neeeded rather than learning them to start with

OP where are you? we are trying to help you out, so don't be Priggish, answer some of the questions posed to you, or at least respond, there is no shame in not knowing stuff takes a while to be competent, don't be shy, we all asked questions that may have caused mickey taking, sometime in our lives, they may seem to you, questionable responses, part of the learning curve as they say.

Last edited:
The only reason I can think why he said no, is because a 16A socket radial is not described in BS7671 as a Standard circuit.
The OP devices of 20A and 30/32A for their respected radial circuits published in BS7671 allow maximising the load to the cable capacity of the cable.

The OP devices of 20A and 30/32A for their respected radial circuits published in BS7671 allow maximising the load to the cable capacity of the cable.

Agree, but it seemed odd to just state categorically no.

Reply to Loft conversion wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock