Discuss Loft Light Switch Height Regulations in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Installing a couple of lights in a loft, the loft is not technically within the living space of the house so I was wondering if the usual height requirements for switches applied as the loft is only used for all the familys crap they have aquired over the year

Socket and switch height requirements only apply to new builds and extensions as far as im aware.Why not screw a
pull cord to the rafters hanging by the loft hatch then it won't be a problem.

are you planning on sticking the switch in the loft or on the wall below the hatch?

switch is going at the top/near the top of the loft ladder, customer wants it close to the edge of the hatch loft floor level, I would rather mount it on the wall within arms reach of top of the ladder

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the input guys

switch is going at the top/near the top of the loft ladder, customer wants it close to the edge of the hatch loft floor level, I would rather mount it on the wall within arms reach of top of the ladder

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the input guys

Put it where the customer wants, provided it's where he won't stand on it or kick it.

OR YOU COULD GO DOWN THE ROUTE OF SEMI-AUTOMATION. FIT A MAGNETIC CONTACT TO THE LOFT HATCH, INTO A 12v psu USING A RELAY TO SWITCH THE LIGHT ON WHEN THE HATCH IS OPENED.

Reply to Loft Light Switch Height Regulations in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I’m new to the forum. Thanks for letting me join. Asking for some diy advicd… I’m trying to add a couple more security lights to the existing...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I have been out to quote for a soffit lighting job. I have done jobs like this many times but usually only installing lights in the top...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Kindly I'd need to know, regarding the regulations for electrical systems in Sweden, whether light switches must be installed in a...
Replies
Views
First post so go easy on me. i am a competent DIY’er, just after some advice. Apologise if the terminology isn’t spot on! my house was rewired two...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock