SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Loft light? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SparkSmog

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Im going to install a light in my loft, anyone got any reccomendations of which light fitting to use? Im assuming id just be able to take t&e off the upstairs lighting circuit and run it to it?

I usually do industrial work so not to sure about things like this so any help is appreciated

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
T

Timmi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I cant see a Problem with it (not saying there arnt any). As long as its clipped and not strung across i think it will be fine, Maybe stick it on RCD or RCBO just to cover ya self! Although if its in surfice i dont think the regs require it.

P

pushrod

I repaired mine - previous owner had taken power from a ceiling rose but in the process had broken the fitting so replaced that and took the power via a junction box instead, clipped cable to joists above insulation and put in a cord pull switch that hangs close to loft entrance so can put the light on the moment you open the hatch.

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
I would take the supply to a switch( pull cord or standard )
You can then use a switch with a neon
It helps rule out having a nagging feeling a few weeks later that you left it on
Fluoresent light or 2 or more every time for me

E

electro

Hi Sparksmog

I would check first to see if the lighting circuit has been wired in 2 or 3 plate, as 2 plate would mean you will have to get your feed elsewhere..

Regards

Reply to Loft light? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom