Discuss Long Lead Cheap Alternative Suggestion in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

daver

Just a general as to what people are using for long lead testing. Not made a purchase yet, but refuse to pay the £70 or £80 megger and Kewtech want to charge for a 30M roll of cable with some banana plugs on the end.

What is a cheaper alternative.

Got banana plugs and sockets, what would be a managable cable to use.

Cheers

Dave

I just use a roll of 2.5 single and put it on a reelable drum like an old extention lead drum. couple of connectors and r2 tests are sorted cheap.remember to null out or subtract from test result.
Think there was a thread regarding this not long ago.
regards
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my thinking, I was just looking for a more flexible cable. I know that the megger uses silicone multi strand, so very flexible. But trying to find that cheap is impossible. Did find some PVC multistrand 2.5 which is very flexible and around £15 but then need a reel. Just seeing what everyone else uses.
Cheers

That was my thinking, I was just looking for a more flexible cable. I know that the megger uses silicone multi strand, so very flexible. But trying to find that cheap is impossible. Did find some PVC multistrand 2.5 which is very flexible and around £15 but then need a reel. Just seeing what everyone else uses.
Cheers
just a thought but could try maplin

try this

WANDER LEAD / WANDERING LEAD ADAPTER SOCKET on eBay, also Parts Accessories, Test Measurement Equipment, Electrical Test Equipment, Business, Office Industrial (end time 14-Feb-09 07:32:35 GMT)

Basically it converts any extension cable into a wander lead. Cost is £9.99 plus postage. I used one for a while and as it worked fine, not quite as convenient as a Kewtech but not far off. And a hell of a lot cheaper.

Will

cheap as chips !!! wot a gud idea !!!

Made one of the adapter sockets today.

Socket 95P. Banana Socket about 20P.

Bit of 4mm earth and Glue Gun

Total Cost £1.15

Cheaper than Chips

try this

WANDER LEAD / WANDERING LEAD ADAPTER SOCKET on eBay, also Parts Accessories, Test Measurement Equipment, Electrical Test Equipment, Business, Office Industrial (end time 14-Feb-09 07:32:35 GMT)

Basically it converts any extension cable into a wander lead. Cost is £9.99 plus postage. I used one for a while and as it worked fine, not quite as convenient as a Kewtech but not far off. And a hell of a lot cheaper.

Will
Bought one myself off ebay. It works great with my extention cable on drum.

Reply to Long Lead Cheap Alternative Suggestion in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock