Discuss long shot in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

So the client has this aged lamp post in their garden - they say the sensor has gone - I didn't have time to test it but I did take a photo:

Lamp post.jpg

So I've googled it with no success - so anyone know if this part is available still or a "sensible" replacement?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a PIR sensor but is presumably only a photocell so depending on your access to the back of it I would remove the existing part and replace it with an external photocell mounted behind the fitting.
If it is a PIR then either a PIR switch or a miniature cupboard (short range) PIR might work or even buying a cheap PIR light and removing the sensor!

Depends what size hole it leaves when you remove it. You can get photocells that are flush mounting and fit in a 20mm (might be 25mm) hole. Wilson's in guildford stock them but I'm sure other wholesalers do too.

8 quid off the shelf at CEF, just a 20mm2 remote sensor, very common and redily available without ordering

Hum, that may be OK but the customer would rather the replacement is like for like so there's not a big hole in the top of the lamp!

There wouldn't be a hole would there? , you drill it out to 20mm2 and the sensor fits in the hole and has rubber washers each side and a lock ring which tightens it up, the finished look is almost as identical to the picture if not identical, you wouldn't know the difference, I have fitted dozens

8 quid off the shelf at CEF, just a 20mm2 remote sensor, very common and redily available without ordering

£8 is that for a royce? if so thats cheap.

I got fed up with the zodion(sp?) being poor quality so would use royce wherever I could.

Reply to long shot in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Bit of a long shot on here but does anyone have a circuit diagram for a Chavin Arnoux CA 6545 5kV tester? I've copied my post on EEVBLOG forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, Ignoring the appauling conductor terminations which I found, in the background of the photo you can see a really odd neutral tail terminated...
Replies
Views
Hello, I don't know if I'm in the right place for this publication, I apologize first of all. I did a search, but I didn't find anything.... Does...
Replies
Views
Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
I've just been to a job to replace a burned out switch where the customer supplied his own Arlec dimmer switch. During a dull moment, I read the...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock