Discuss Looking at a complete taillight LED retrofit do - help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

NoahDicola

So I"m looking to replace all my rear lights with arrays of LEDs.

Now my question is this: when I turn on my parking light, some of my lights light up dim, but when I hit the turn signals or brake lights, they light up bright, how do I achieve this effect with LEDs?

Well, from what I gather, you use a PWM circuit to pulse the LED when it's supposed to be dim, then you splice the brake or turn light signal into the same wire such that when you hit the turn signal or brake light, the LED receives full power, overriding the strobing.

Is this the way to go?

I take it you are not in UK as your current scheme contravenes the UK Vehicle Construction and Use Regulations. The method you suggest for achieving the dimming of the LEDs via PWM is a workable solution, but rather than splice the brake or turn signals into the same wire, it may be preferable to use them to signal the PWM to switch from pulse mode to continuous.

Reply to Looking at a complete taillight LED retrofit do - help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hello all. I am trying to add led strip lights to my boat trailer. I have marine grade submersible lights. I will have them running parallel to...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’ve been racking my brain all day with this. Here is my situation and question: I have some OEM ambient lights in my vehicle. They are...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone. I have fitted an extractor fan in my bathroom with an overrun timer, to start when the bathroom led lights are turned on...
Replies
Views
Hello All! New to forums and not to bright so bear with me. I would like to wire an LED light into the Headlight/parking light/turn signal wiring...
Replies
Views
Why is this still a thing, just done a quick calculation with the TLC volt drop calculator and if its a non lighting circuit the recommended size...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock