Discuss Looking for a course which will help with lifts/escalator installation. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Niko96

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I work for one of the leading Lifts and escalators manufacturers. Mechanically im qualified up to HNC level 4 in engineering. Im looking to improve my electrical knowledge, Im trying to find a course that will include the basics such as reading drawings, fault diagnosis.

If anyone can help id be very grateful.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum mate.
I'm with @telectrix on this.
Your 'leading Lifts and escalators manufacturer' should know which is the best course for you to go on.

As far as I am aware there are no course in fault finding. This is gained by experience only and understanding how it should be installed correctly in the first place.

As for reading drawings, if your capable of learning to a level 4 standard, you should be able to teach yourself how to read electrical drawings from information available online. I only say this as I don't know if there are any courses that just teach how to read drawings.

Thanks for all the responses, the only problem is i want to do the course of my own back, this is due to being tied down for another 3 years if i go through the company.

Have you guys got any suggestions for any good books to order ?

Reply to Looking for a course which will help with lifts/escalator installation. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I start my BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in the new year, what book do you recommend to get to help me with my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows whether there is such a thing as a distance learning version of the level 3 (C&G or EAL) Electrical...
Replies
Views
Alright everyone, Got a question and looking for some of your opinions. My brother is a qualified electrician and I'll be asking him the same when...
Replies
Views
So I recently completed a 4 year apprenticeship, EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and HNC in Electronic and Electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock