Discuss looking for a online course to become an electrician in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have found myself at the old age of 38 out of work after closing my businesses down due to covid19.
i have seen a few courses(C&G Level 2+3) that start in sept but they are all atleast 100 miles away from me in the northeast.

I am looking for something that i can possibly do some online work and some practical that i dont mind driving that far a couple of times a week for.
i have found a company that does it in Nottingham but they are not very responsive and after countless messages they just dont seem bothered which worries me about paying them a large sum of money. If they cant be bothered to reply to try and get my business what are they going to be like when they have it.

I have a friend that has his own business that will take me away on jobs as an electricians mate for experience but would like to start and get the qualifications i need.

is there anyone in the northeast that has done anything similar that can give some advice.

Thanks in advance

There are home study courses but you still have to attend to do all of the assessments, practicals and exams.

So no, you cant do an online course, because its a practical job. You can do some small elements of preparing your theory but it cant be done remotely as a course.

there are a ton of colleges near you that do the courses. I drive to Leeds, Bradford and Doncaster often and I know of a few courses running in those colleges as well as private companies that provide courses between Leeds and Manchester.

It really isnt far to go to get a course. I chose to do mine at the best college I could find, that was in London and I'd stay in accom while I was there.

It's up to you. You cant be a spark without making sacrifices. The job is far more travel than the courses themselves as well on the whole, especially as an Industrial spark like me. I stay out about 50% of the time.

I am doing the home study option with ableskills they have accommodation for £20 a night for level 2 you have 4 weeks of practical which you can break into a week each and then level 2 there are 3 weeks.

I am doing the home study option with ableskills they have accommodation for £20 a night for level 2 you have 4 weeks of practical which you can break into a week each and then level 2 there are 3 weeks.
Yeah this is the one I’ve signed up for I have the 1st pack and yet to start it tho as just had a new born and starting another job to stay local and have time to study.

Personally if you can get the short course down and have someone to work with after, i think this route is preferable for an adult instead of having to do 42 months of apprenticeship. At the end of the day it's the on site stuff and the NVQ that matters.

Reply to looking for a online course to become an electrician in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock