Discuss Looking for a remote switch to control light switch downstairs in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cache

Hi there, apologies if I am posting in the wrong section but this looks like a fantastic place to get an answer!

I have two light switches downstairs about five paces from one another that control the same hall light downstairs.

I want a switch upstairs but it is a horrible run for an electrician as my floor in the hall upstairs is concreted under the carpet. I am interested to know whether there is an wireless switch I can attach to the wall upstairs that can remotely control either of the light switches downstairs that control the downstairs hall light as there is no button for it upstairs.

I do hope this made sense and that someone can help, fingers crossed its nice a cheap too as we have just moved house!

Many thanks,

Chris :)

fit a remote control switch in place of one of the existing switches and have a hand-held remote, which you could keep upstairs. varilight do some nice gear.

I appreciate the acceptance and quick reponse, many thanks for this.

I am a complete novice and have never taken anything apart in my life, could you give an example product from amazon that i would need to buy and fit and how it works exactly?

is it as simple as buying any varilight switch and buying a varilight remote control?

would this to replace a switch downstairs : Varilight 1 Gang Multi-Way 400W Touch Dimming Slave Dimmer | Switches & Sockets | NoLinkingToThis

plus this to be upstairs for me to use work: Varilight 8-Channel Remote Control Dimmer Handset | Switches & Sockets | NoLinkingToThis

try here. the remote 1G or 2G switch and the handset:

Varilight 1 Gang Multi-Way 400W Touch Dimming Slave Dimmer | Switches & Sockets | NoLinkingToThis

Reply to Looking for a remote switch to control light switch downstairs in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net