Discuss Looking for a specific type of dog. I love "shaggy" dogs. I have owned 3 Dhoki Apsos. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

_KaCe_

DIY
Reaction score
I have owned 8 dogs in the last 60 years. Yeah, you're good a math... I'm old, but I want one more dog. I like "shaggy" dogs that weigh about 20lbs. Too small and I fear I'll step on it and kill it or myself, much bigger and I'd need help with the dog. So right around 20-25 lbs, I don't care if it is a male or female. I had hoped to find a puppy, as all my other dogs were adults that I rehomed. That made it possible for me to afford the bred that I like. In Tibet they are known as Dhoki Apso. An English physician got a pair from the Dhali Lama as a thank you. The doc and his wife didn't think the locals could say/remember Dhoki Apso, so they gave them the name... Tibetan Terrier, however they aren't terriers and it confuses people. Their original name means outdoor long haired dog (I read that somewhere). So if you raise them or perhaps a poodle mix or any non-shedding long-haired dog
1676767734238.png
, This is Rusty. I got him when he was 6. He was a hand full. I'd love to hear from you. I might have to take yet another animal that is grown and has issues that the current owner doesn't want to take the time to fix. Here's to having a good week this coming week.
P.S.
We were on a walk. I usually brushed him in the evening and he's look so sharp.

Reply to Looking for a specific type of dog. I love "shaggy" dogs. I have owned 3 Dhoki Apsos. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock