Discuss Looking for a supplier of QUALITY, long lasting outdoor (240v) Lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently hired a local electrician (NICEIC Registered) to install some outdoor lighting in the garden of the house we have just moved into. The guy is experienced in outdoor lighting and does a lot of installations and sports venues across North West England. So, he came out last week and gave me a quote for 13 Bollard lights to be installed around the perimeter of our garden. I am very happy with his price and he has a good reputation too. Whilst here he asked me to have a look through a brochure he gave me and told me to pick a 240V light that I like. Unfortunately, I couldn't make my mind up there and then. Therefore, he suggested I go online and look through the selections of a company called Collingwood Lighting. He told me that Collingwood Lighting are reputable and offer good products. However, I checked on Trustpilot and they don't have the best of recommendations. I have asked elsewhere and somebody has suggested that Collingwood are excellent. Now I'm stuck. I'm not after anything for nothing. I simply want to pick your brains and ask in your experience if you guys would suggest a company in UK where I could buy quality, long lasting, Chrome garden bollard lights (240V). The worst thing I could have done is search online and now I'm more confused...Prices start at £20 and can go up to £200 - £300 each and they all look similar. I'm not trying to cut corners and I don't expect the best stuff for pennies. I'd just be grateful if you guys here could suggest decent, reputable suppliers who I will be able to turn to in the future if I have any problems.

I am looking for a minimum of 13 Chrome Bollard Lights.

Thank you in advance all.

Nothing wrong with Collingwood, they've been a brand name for years. Go into a few electrical wholesalers and ask for lighting catalogues - they're falling over them, normally.

One problem with review sites is that people are more likely to visit and leave a poor review if they've had some issue, but not so likely to visit and leave a good review if everything was OK. So the all the ratings are a bit skewed.

Collingwood are a decent brand , I have also installed brands like , Hunza and the Light Corporation which the home owner have supplied. Some of these outdoor lighting projects run into the £1000s even £10,000s if they have been designed by a exterior designer.
I did one in Weybridge Surrey that the final exterior lighting job came to about £45,000. It was something like 130 exterior lights

Thanks guys. Looking like it is collingwood then. One thing I would ask though is... Are these lights actually manufactured here in UK by companies like Collingwood or is likely that every light sold by every seller is made overseas?

Reply to Looking for a supplier of QUALITY, long lasting outdoor (240v) Lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock