Discuss Looking for a Trainee/Adult Apprenticeship role. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
With me having no luck looking for Electrical work as a Mate or Improver. I have decided to maybe look at a Trainee or Apprentice role. The pay does not bother me, I am just after the experience. As I am looking to do my NVQ. But would rather be working in the industry. I have my own car, so even travelling further than Liverpool would not be a problem.

• Level 2 City & Guilds 2365 – Distinction
  • Currently Studying Level 3 City & Guilds 2365
  • ECS Labourer Card & ECS H&S Exam passed with Certificate as proof
  • Own Public Liability Insurance & Professional Indemnity Insurance
  • Own Tools and Car
  • BSc(Hons) Multimedia Systems from Liverpool John Moore’s University
  • HND Multimedia Systems from Liverpool John Moore’s University
  • Excellent IT Skills
  • Excellent Organisational and Time Management skills
  • Excellent Customer Service Skills
  • Full, Clean Driving License

Some previous work I have done:
  • Responsible for assisting electrician with the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical services to domestic, commercial and industrial premises.
  • Replacement of Office lighting for new LED Lights, replacement of fluorescent tubes for T5 tubes in the warehouse.
  • General Admin work & Organisation of the site & Workshop.
  • Second Fixing of Sockets/Light Switches and FCU's
  • Installation of Security Lighting.
  • Installation of Lighting and Sockets in Garden Sheds.

Go through the Yellow pages mate and start ringing that’s how I got my Apprenticeship. Would probably be handy having your JTL aptitude test done as well as they do the J.I.B apprenticeships. Contact your local JTL office they normally provide company lists. Bit better then your one man band types

Also be patient...

I think I wrote to around 40 companies when I was looking for a company to take me on as an apprentice.
Didn’t hear anything for around 3 weeks then I received 2 phone interviews in 1 day

Also be patient...

I think I wrote to around 40 companies when I was looking for a company to take me on as an apprentice.
Didn’t hear anything for around 3 weeks then I received 2 phone interviews in 1 day

I know what you mean. I must of contacted over 200. Many of the get back and say they are not looking to take anyone on. Or simply don’t get back to you. I’ve still kept on trying.

Go through the Yellow pages mate and start ringing that’s how I got my Apprenticeship. Would probably be handy having your JTL aptitude test done as well as they do the J.I.B apprenticeships. Contact your local JTL office they normally provide company lists. Bit better then your one man band types

I’ve done the Yellow Pages or Yell.com, CheckaTrade and MyBuilder etc as well as Google. I’ve tried to do the aptitude test on JTL but as I got 1 wrong it said I had to wait a year to do it again. JTL have live vacancies of companies looking to take on. It’s basically linked to the gov site. I’ve contacted the ones closed in proximity to myself. Nothing seems to come from it.

I will have a look at the JIB apprenticeship and see what that is like.

I’ve managed to find this with shitty wifi offshore. Looking at what you have listed you come across well prepared. Now keep pestering like crazy. Even turn up to their local office if they have some. CV in hand. The above link is 50 biggest electrical companies in UK. Some of the links are amongst the list. They hire big. You rest is up to you.

Keep on pestering mate. I would call up multiple times. Try the big companies like baileys, SPIE, Tommy Clarke’s

Will have a look at them. I’ve registered with the JIB apprentice scheme too. I’ve also tried the agencies. They have taken my details and CV and have said they will be in touch when they have anything suitable.

Reply to Looking for a Trainee/Adult Apprenticeship role. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock