Discuss Looking for advice with a self made c/u in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Afternoon, I've spent the day looking for an ip55 or above 6way single phase c/u... Its to be installed inside an enw substation and from past experience they don't expect the metal enclosed c/u, so long story cut short, I've got an ip65 enclosure with dim rail but I'm not sure how to fit a neutral and earth bar as its not come with them.. .. Any advice would be much appreciated

That would be perfect however I'm doing the install tomorrow... It should never really have been left for me to order but I got it dumped on me this morning ... I think I've resolved it anyway, I've taken a neutral and earth bar out of an old c/u and attached one to either side of the box with a roofing bolt and nut

Do you not have to have some form of ‘certfication’ (not quite the right term) to produce or provide such a product?
I was just thinking the very same.

@OP.ask your boss to sort out CE approval, or wait till March 30th.

The long bar is offset because the terminal hole was larger than the others so the roofing bolt would fit through without drilling the hole

Reply to Looking for advice with a self made c/u in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock