Discuss Looking for advice with a self made c/u in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have actually considering I work for the electricity network... Clearly you haven't because any dno set out the standard regs plus there own twist ie ip ratings ect..
All my work is at power stations and occasionally subs but I'm normally on HV/EHV with transformers and switchgear. I should have put a ;) on my last post as I've seen some of the work on sites that certainly wouldn't come up to current, or for that matter, previous regs. Some of it is quite new install stuff too. Not by me I should add :)

Yup, I wasn't refering to your work :)

Fair enough, thought there was a snide comment there ..... I work in power stations and subs lv and hv, I do the lv terms, hv terms and small wiring ... I work under enw, ukpn npg and wpd and all have had different spec

No, not directed at your work at all. It was towards the normal 'standard' of site engineer installed equipment. I've yet to come across a site engineer who has any 'normal' electrical qualifications. Most of them would believe you if you told them the 14th edition was the latest release :eek:

blank grommet stuck on with gorilla snot glue?

I've found a cpc on route tomorrow that have 4mm plastic bolts... Going to put them in...... Lesson learnt though, not ordering materials for a supervisor last minute ever again

Bit of an up date..... So after arriving on site and speaking to the foreman I discovered that I'm the first person to attend site from the electrical department . .. . Long story cut short, the lv panel came already fitted with a bulkhead and an rcd protected socket, so no need for any small wiring and botched consumer unit did this insteadLooking for advice with a self made c/u 20190213_101945 - EletriciansForums.net

Bit of an up date..... So after arriving on site and speaking to the foreman I discovered that I'm the first person to attend site from the electrical department . .. . Long story cut short, the lv panel came already fitted with a bulkhead and an rcd protected socket, so no need for any small wiring and botched consumer unit did this insteadView attachment 47893

Blimy that was a few wasted hours then - are they paying you for that?

Reply to Looking for advice with a self made c/u in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock