Discuss looking for an apprenciship or course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

andysutils

hi all, i was going to go into plumbing but theres way to any traps and noone will take me on.

im 28 and want to train to be a sparky as ive done a bit of an electrician course before.

can i still get on an apprenciship at my age? or a good course? im in there manchester area.

or am i to old to do this now?

im 43 and doing c&g 2330 at st helens college which is electrical installation 2 yrs ive completed level 2 and now on level 3 so your not to old

im 43 and doing c&g 2330 at st helens college which is electrical installation 2 yrs ive completed level 2 and now on level 3 so your not to old
cool, how easy is it going to be to get employment though? saying that though, its the same with anythng your doing thats new, it seems to be more about who you know and not what you know nowadays. is that full time your doing this course? did you have to pay for it?.

exactly what are the qualifacations you need to become employed?

Last edited by a moderator:
working is the hardest thing like you said its who you know i did the full time course last year which was 3 days this year its only one day i had an op on my elbow so was unemployed so i got the course free i know this year the course is £1400 alot of money, to become fully qualified you need both level 2 and 3 then your nvq 3 which can only be done while working you need to build a portfolio of all aspects including house industrial and public buildings then you need do your am2 which i believe is something similar to your installation test you have at the end of level2 and inspect and test which you do at level 3 after that you are qualified but your better getting your regs the 17th edition most employers ask for that but you would have to be working to gain your nvq so theres no rush for that. Hope this helps

to become fully qualified you need both level 2 and 3 then your nvq 3 which can only be done while working you need to build a portfolio of all aspects including house industrial and public buildings then you need do your am2 which i believe is something similar to your installation test you have at the end of level2 and inspect and test which you do at level 3 after that you are qualified but your better getting your regs the 17th edition most employers ask for that but you would have to be working to gain your nvq so theres no rush for that. Hope this helps

Can of worms here. You do not need all that guff to be considered 'qualified'. The words 'competent' are more saliant as many will testify on here. I do not hold NVQ L3 - nor will I ever because I will not work for a JIB company yet I am still classed as 'qualified'. There are lots on the forum who have less than me who will forget more than you are ever likely to learn!;)

im not employed as of yet and cirrus i didnt realise i thought without a nvq level 3 you can only be classed as an improver thats what my tuturs have told me, how long have you been an electrician then cirrus and what quals have you got when ive finished my level 3 would i be as qualified as you without the experience.

Hi, im 27 and I want to be an electrician but dont know the right way to approach it. i was told by a friend to try and be and apprentice, can any one give me some good advise?

thanks for the advice!!!!!
sorry mate bad day, ive just enrolled on the c&g 2330 as said above, its an evening class 2-3 nights per week for 2 years but i think you have to get employment then before heading on to a level 3. its £450 in total for the college ive enrolled on, you might be required to do a basic maths and english test though before they let you on it.

sorry mate bad day, ive just enrolled on the c&g 2330 as said above, its an evening class 2-3 nights per week for 2 years but i think you have to get employment then before heading on to a level 3. its £450 in total for the college ive enrolled on, you might be required to do a basic maths and english test though before they let you on it.

Wait till you go for some jobs you can be there all day with pyscometric tests, engineering tests, interviews etc.:eek:

glad i could help the hard part is getting a job especially with this credit crunch.

Reply to looking for an apprenciship or course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock