Discuss Looking for contactor that fits in single box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

As title suggests I’m not sure if such a product exists but I’m looking for a 20amp contactor that is mounted into a single box/patress

Reason being another sparks has wired 2 ufh mats 1800w each onto a single spur (14-16amp)

why not. it's rated for it? and if you have "proper" voltage of 240V, it's 15A. beaRING IN MIND THAT IT'S INTERMITTENT AS THE STAT. SWITCHES OFF WHEN THE SET TEMP. HAS BEEN ACHIEVED.and the bloody caps lock right next to the "A". stupid layout. should have been put by the Q or the Z.

I would agree with you but it’s never good to be running it at 100% 24/7

There is also the potential although unlikely to go upto 16.36amp

Thermostat is currently tripping rcbo if trying to run both mats

what's the RCBO rating?

why not. it's rated for it? and if you have "proper" voltage of 240V, it's 15A. beaRING IN MIND THAT IT'S INTERMITTENT AS THE STAT. SWITCHES OFF WHEN THE SET TEMP. HAS BEEN ACHIEVED.and the bloody caps lock right next to the "A". stupid layout. should have been put by the Q or the Z.
No wonder 'ring in mind' jumped out at me.....

Afternoon all,

As title suggests I’m not sure if such a product exists but I’m looking for a 20amp contactor that is mounted into a single box/patress

Reason being another sparks has wired 2 ufh mats 1800w each onto a single spur (14-16amp)
Good luck with your search please keep us informed.

If you're driving a heating load, what about a SSR?
RS Pro 25A SSR 90-240Vac control
or similar would seem ok and are quite compact to be tucked into a box?

NB: I'm not up on any UK regs that would cover or prohibit the use of such industrial gear in a home. You would definitely want upstream isolation for maintenance, as SSR can fail closed if shorted.

Reply to Looking for contactor that fits in single box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock