Discuss Looking for on-site experience in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

I have completed my level 2 electrical installation C&G course. After browsing around for Electricians mates and apprentice roles I have noticed that many require either a ECS/CSCS card.

What card do I need for my role (Mate or apprentice)? What option do I go for within either card?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have done my level 2, and in that contained health and safety? Is this a different type of test?

I've got a lad on my level 2 that has done that too (paid for a H&S test even though it's part of the qualification.

I would call ECS and get concrete from the horses mouth whether or not they will the H&S done in your qual or if they want a fresh one

Trainee..

Apprentice...

ECS labourer is normally only for mates etc. who are NOT following a training program

As level 2 you will still have to complete the ECS training, you apply, download the Q's and A's from their website and do the test on the day which takes about 10 minutes

A recent Level 3 qualification is an exemption for the ECS test but not level 2

Reply to Looking for on-site experience in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have recently completed my HNC in electrical engineering at college and I am looking to get a job as an electricians mate. what do I need to...
Replies
Views
So, I got a level 2-3 electrical installation diploma fresh out of college with no experience especially onsite. I was wondering whether working...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views
I've got a 5 years experience along with.... 2365 l2 & l2 18th edition 2391 other stuff I won't bother listing. My question is since I'm...
Replies
Views
So I have tried applying to every electrician mate/improver jobs there is on every job websites and I got a few calls saying that they want guys...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock