Discuss looking for someone mcs approved to sign off solar projects in the midlands in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jay25

I am currently looking for someone who is mcs approved who can sign off solar projects in and around the west midlands. We have installers and equipment and projects ligned up all we need is somebody who can deal with the paperwork side of things on a pay per job basis. Please PM me if you are interested.
Thanks

How can you be doing this work anyway if you are not MCS?

Makes a mockery of the system if you ask me. Why should companies spend a fortune getting through MCS, while chancers run round howling jobs in?

More fool the customers that spent their money by using unchecked installers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest flaw of the whole MCS process is that it allows untrained, unqualified salespeople with zero PV knowledge to install modular systems and then apply MCS certification afterwards as if it was simply a sticker that you placed on the inverter.

God only knows what kind of standard some of these jobs have been installed to.

in response to your comments, my friends team who are fitting the panels are working under an umbrella company who currently deal with signing off the projects supplying the panels brackets etc. Unfortunatly the company are short of the particular panels that they offer as part of there franchise package and are unable to supply enough panels for the amount of orders that my friend has secured. The team have done around 70 installs and are all qualified electricians who are good at there job, they could like anyone else go complete their mcs approval but due to the fact that they need to spend there time now doing installs before 12th of december instead of training they are simply looking for someone with the piece of paper to assist them.

it happens in the niceic of electrical contracting too, niceic aacrredited installers get the work then sub it out to guys without even 17th edition , who cut corners and dont test before fired up.. so its all going onnnn

they are simply looking for someone with the piece of paper to assist them.

Obviously that's where we've gone wrong. We've implemented a full QMS system, no wonder it's taking us ages to do anything. We should have just got a piece of paper. :shocked3:

I'll do it for you.

I'll even design the systems for you, source the kit, arrange the scaffolding, install the system, test it and commission it. It'll cost you £15k a pop though, but it's the only way you'll get my name on any MCS paperwork.

The team have done around 70 installs and are all qualified electricians who are good at there job, they could like anyone else go complete their mcs approval but due to the fact that they need to spend there time now doing installs before 12th of december instead of training they are simply looking for someone with the piece of paper to assist them.

And exactly how do you, as a salesperson, know if the installs are carried out to a satisfactory level?

I'll do it for you.

I'll even design the systems for you, source the kit, arrange the scaffolding, install the system, test it and commission it. It'll cost you £15k a pop though, but it's the only way you'll get my name on any MCS paperwork.

You are just a con-man.

I'll do it for 10

Reply to looking for someone mcs approved to sign off solar projects in the midlands in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net