Discuss looking for the right mr16 led transformer in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rezarougi

Hi
i want to change my 9 halogen spot lights with mr16 (6.5W) LED spotlights i would like to if i can use one transformer or an led drive and if so , would you be kind enough and show me a wiring diagram .
thanks

Yep, ditto the replies too! Much better solution and less parts to go wrong. Get rid of trannys/drivers and just change the lamp holders. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Yep, I'm in the process of stripping out the 1000s of MR16s we have at work for LED GU10s.
With GU10s there's no concern for the driver and no dubious discussion about how 'crisp' the light output is.

If your changing the lights then I wouldn't bother with MR16, as everyone else says go for GU10 as there are less problems/parts. I use the Aurora 7 w GU10 they do the job. And if your changing the fittings for GU10 the have you thought about the using all in one fittings/fixed LEDs (no bulbs/spots). I use the PIRAN ED LED (made by PhotonStar, britsh company) they are 5.5 watt 36 degree beam angle 511 lumens IP 65 so can go almost any ware. depend on your budget. they are £22.5 each. they are coming out with a dimmable version later this year.

If your changing the lights then I wouldn't bother with MR16, as everyone else says go for GU10 as there are less problems/parts. I use the Aurora 7 w GU10 they do the job. And if your changing the fittings for GU10 the have you thought about the using all in one fittings/fixed LEDs (no bulbs/spots). I use the PIRAN ED LED (made by PhotonStar, britsh company) they are 5.5 watt 36 degree beam angle 511 lumens IP 65 so can go almost any ware. depend on your budget. they are £22.5 each. they are coming out with a dimmable version later this year.
or a good combination is ansel icage fitting for around £10 then choose your lamp

lumilife (ledhuts own brand)
megaman
osram

etc are good brands, im using lumilife at home and there very good and only around £4ish a pop

Robus 5W GU10 are what I am using at the moment, top quality light output and dimmable with most existing dimmers and Lutron. What's not to like?

Reply to looking for the right mr16 led transformer in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net