Discuss Looking to emigrate to Norway, Advice needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LeeCuz

Hello, im looking to emigrate to Norway permanently and i was wondering if anyone knew from personal experience what there electrical regs where like?

Ive been out the electrical scene about 2 years after finishing apprenticeship in 2009 and getting laid off. I did odds and ends but never found stable employment in the field again.
I have a CandG 2330: Electrotechnical installation certificate. (NVQ3) which was to 16th Edition 2nd Amendment.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I could get myself qualified to be able to work in Norway without much grievance.

Thanks in advance and all help is greatly appreciated.

Lee.

Hi lee firstly what u have to do to gain any electrical work in Norway is get a dsb cert, google dsb and all info will come up for what u need to do... I don't mean to put a downer on ur plans but what u have posted about ur experience in Electricial work won't meet the criteria for the dsb. U need to send them a lot of details including proven 2 years work experience after you done your apprenticeship.. And u also need 2 very detailed referencs from past employees...

Give it a go and hope for the best

Good luck

Hello, im looking to emigrate to Norway permanently and i was wondering if anyone knew from personal experience what there electrical regs where like?

Ive been out the electrical scene about 2 years after finishing apprenticeship in 2009 and getting laid off. I did odds and ends but never found stable employment in the field again.
I have a CandG 2330: Electrotechnical installation certificate. (NVQ3) which was to 16th Edition 2nd Amendment.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I could get myself qualified to be able to work in Norway without much grievance.

Thanks in advance and all help is greatly appreciated.

Lee.
well i don`t know about their electrical regs...
but you`l freeze your nuts off over there...lol...

Thanks for your replies guys, seems the experience thing is kinda the problem. Although i havent got 2 years to try and get stable work in this country. Kinda important i leave in about 6 -9 months. Don't suppose if i worked over there as a Mate or something that could count as professional experience? If not ill be looking for a change in career direction or working as a mate permanently.

Thanks in advance,
Lee.

- - - Updated - - -

8 Euros a ****ing pint?

Bits and pieces, but unfortunately being a complete moron i dont hold a driving license so kind of limits my options alot. (Hampshire btw). Its all about timescale really, I need to be in Norway this year but working for the next 6 months somewhere won't give me the references required for the card.

1. Buy a very thick coat
2. Buy a warm hat
3. Get used to liking bizarre metal bands
4. Get used to spending life sober
5. The Norse blondes will not be putty in your hands
6. Get used to being a Volvo driver.

Been there many times touring, its not somewhere I'd think of moving to. If you don't know the price of a beer makes me think you've not even holidayed there yet? Fools rush in.

Norway is not a place I would be running to to live or work in... Olso was rated 1 of the most expensive city's in the world to live and I was there to prove it....if u like having a pint after work forget about it over there a burger and chips will cost u 20 euro... Other towns outside of olso ar cheaper but not by much...

Can I ask u lee if u don't mind but what is attracting u over to Norway??

Il correct my last post that I just made.. The only way I would work over there is if I got a contract doing onshore work with the oil and gas company's... Buts that it

Reply to Looking to emigrate to Norway, Advice needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net