Discuss Loop in at ceiling rose or switch? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

generally, less cable when looping at the fittings.

Generally. Unless switch right near power feed and the six lights it switches are 40 foot away.

I especially like feeding the switch when you've got a bugger of a light that only has space for the 3 cores. But I guess that was obvious to most. Sorry back to JUG of Stella (no pint glasses to be found)

New AM2 exam lighting circuit (2 way and inter) specifies lighting feed to be taken to the switch. Wired in Twin and Earth, neutrals and switched lives in wagos. So the IET are now recommending using the back box as a JB.

Amen to that.

"There goes yet another nail into the coffin of our industry!! "

Not really.

Its safer, fact.

Most electrocutions occur when a DIYer switches off the switch and removes his ceiling rose believing it is dead "but I switched it off!" he says. Zap.

Its so much more logical to have the neutral at the switch. Turn of the switch and the light is dead, unless of course the missus comes in a switches it back on.

I think my first question is a bit daft anyway. It would all depend on the circuit arangements, I was just wondering and thought there may be a magical equation :)

Regards

Si

Not really.

Its safer, fact.

Most electrocutions occur when a DIYer switches off the switch and removes his ceiling rose believing it is dead "but I switched it off!" he says. Zap.

Its so much more logical to have the neutral at the switch. Turn of the switch and the light is dead, unless of course the missus comes in a switches it back on.

Is this on the basis that the average DIYer doesn't understand the need to pull the fuse??

"Is this on the basis that the average DIYer doesn't understand the need to pull the fuse?? "

I would imagine so.

Ive met many that have not pulled the fuse, thats why they call me to come out :)

"Why are there so many wires at the light, im confused" is the usual comment I get.

Regards

Si

I also like wiring to the switch, makes life easier when terminating fittings & as said above reduces the risk of shock to the diyer

Had a interesting arguement with someone once who told me it wasnt allowed to be done in this method

Not really.

Its safer, fact.

I think my first question is a bit daft anyway. It would all depend on the circuit arangements, I was just wondering and thought there may be a magical equation :)

Regards

Si

Yeah Right, ....Tell yourself that enough times and you might even believe it!!

Electrocution Is he dead or what ?
If he is dead,then he is very unlikely to have a viewpoint

Even less a veiwpoint that we can hear
icon7.png

suppose they dont know this. was just double checking what I would do. was thinkign I hope i dont do that, but looks like I know what to do.

Reply to Loop in at ceiling rose or switch? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net