Discuss Loss of channels in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi folks. I've been having trouble with Itv, Chan. 4, Chan 5 and a few others recently, ie no picture. I can get these channels on the TV upstairs but not on the one downstairs. I keep on trying to re-tune the downstairs one but no use. I've lost these channels, and a few others completely now. It's the same aerial, which is old, btw. The upstairs TV is a bit newer than the downstairs one. I've tried plugging the aerial straight into the tv rather than going through the dvd recorder but its the same. I've got a booster in the loft. Any ideas?

Problem found and sort of sorted. There was a bad connection at one of the outputs. From the booster, the cable goes to a double output, then under the floorboards to another output. I really need to run a new cable from the booster down the cavity and into the second output.

Reply to Loss of channels in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bought a new telly and it has a freesat tuner. My house is wired for Satellite so I plugged in the cable to the telly. Almost all channels are...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock