Discuss Lost exciter wire in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello
Just wondered if anyone could help, i recently removed some rugged flooring in my van and i think ive dislodged a wire from somewhere.
The alternator no longer works.
There is a toggle switch first then a push button.
Would the exciter wire be attatched to a spur from the toggle wire? As i found one loose unused, i also found a stretch of wire on the floor spaded both ends.
Is it possible the excitor wire attatched to a relay?
I have 5 in this area 1 has 10 amp fuse the other has 30.
Thanks

Does this vehicle have or has it had some sort of split charge set up fitted at some time

Difficult to diagnose the problem from the information given and can't really think of any other reason for alternator wiring to be connected like you describe

Thanks UNG i took the regulator out yesterday i think it may be 20 od years old. Ckeaned it up and it kicked back on ive ordered a new one. I was just very confused how the fog light resulted from that. So i had thought i was looking at 2 problems.
This is on a G Reg Fiat Ducato panel van Also the fuses stated are 5 and 10 not 30 incase anyone else changes theirs after reading this. .

Reply to Lost exciter wire in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, When checking my consumer unit voltages with the full board off, I stumbled across something head scratching. Measuring the feed...
Replies
Views
Baja wiring harness LED light help. I've fitted a US Baja harness on my Australian FJ, but I need to replace the Baja harness switch setup so...
Replies
Views
Hi at a property with a videx vx8000/s keypad entry and art 836 intercom with connected phone with gate button on phone. After a drilling...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock