Discuss Lost with wiring color in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

JayKay70

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a Tumble Dryer Heating Element - 2200W (ES1014068) for my Hotpoint FETV60CPUK dryer.

I have just noticed that the wire colors from the dryer socket is different to the new heating element socket wire colors.

Please see piccy of dryer socket and piccy of element socket.

Can anyone advise what wires match up to what, i don't want to guess the connection.

All the best

Jay

Attachments

• From Dryer.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 21
  • From Heating Element.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 21
In the normal course of things I'd expect it to be a polarised fitting that will only lock together in a certain orientation

Does the new one not have a latch on one side? This should line up with a plastic protrusion on the mating connector.

It is got to be out of these two:

Black to Brown
Red to Black
Blue to Blue
White to Orange

or

White to Black
Blue to Brown
Red to Blue
Black to Orange

My guess is the first one but don't want to guess it.

I'd be tempted to contact the supplier to be on safe side.

Could you trace them through? Its possible only 2 go to the element and 2 to thermal overload devices?
Quite often in tumbledryers they have two stage elements -so basically full and half power settings

Anyhow it's all good now, what i done was to look at my faulty heater and look at the color of the wires coming from each element, then correspond them with my new heater which gave my the correct way the socket connects to the one coming from the dryer.

It's now working perfectly.

Thanks all for all the replies.

Anyhow it's all good now, what i done was to look at my faulty heater and look at the color of the wires coming from each element, then correspond them with my new heater which gave my the correct way the socket connects to the one coming from the dryer.

It's now working perfectly.

Thanks all for all the replies.

What way wires go in the end up? I am having the same problem myself.

Reply to Lost with wiring color in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net