Discuss low current draw on strip lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
765359B6-EA16-4164-BD59-9C034F9661FC.jpeg

TL;DR
hi all 2835 led 12v
22L/m 2a inline fuse holds up
rated at 14w/m,6 strings hooked in parallel
should be pulling at least 25 amps according to the specs but it’s been connected to a 12v60ah battery for the whole day just to triple check the results (also used tongs)
the light output is fine

Attachments

• EE3A76A1-CA7C-49A2-819E-2C0A2AC1F87F.jpeg
    433.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 769BC8AB-67D7-435C-B0A9-5FD681F9CABF.jpeg
    655.9 KB · Views: 16
  • E4F68A23-A729-483E-9583-769408A5B9DE.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 16
Might be worth checking the voltage at the LED strips when the are on? Looking at the second photo there are some test points where you could measure the voltage.

Reply to low current draw on strip lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As the title says. But then I cut off a jst connection off one of the light strips and I can't get them to work together... the one strip is plug...
Replies
Views
I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after some advice please. I’m installing some LED profile around a customers bedroom ceiling for some led strip to sit in and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a hobbyist without formal training. I'm looking to power audio/video equipment over several hundred feet of extension cords. I have 2...
Replies
Views
I have a strip light in the kitchen operated from a single switch. I want to replace it with a straight bar 4 spot array. There are three supply...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock