Discuss Low Voltage Help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all just looking for a few ideas from you all.

Just received a funny call from a plumber saying that he has a problem with the electrics on a clients boiler system. He explains that he only has 12v at the control center where he should be expecting 240v. I told him to chase back the circuit with his multimeter to see where he looses the 240v and he explains that he has 240v leaving the PCB on the boiler and then the cable runs into the wall and upstairs to the airing cupboard where it meets the control center and only has 12v present.

He has asked me to go take a look but just wanting to go fully armed with all eventualities, so if you have any thoughts, feel free to post them.

Thanks
Lewis

...I'm already thinking it's possibly correct,and he might not realise....a plumber asked me to check out boiler last week,because he said he had measured 250V between line and earth,and that "can't be right,can it?"

My suspicions should have be high,when i spotted the spelling error on his van signage...bless im' :earmuffs:

It would not surprise me if there is a link on the pcb for either 24v with link removed or 230v with a link in depending on what boiler and control system being used. Eg 24v timer or 230v on control single so simply look for the link ;)

Reply to Low Voltage Help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have just had an EICR carried out and it has comeback with a few C2s. The only one I disagree with is the electrician raised as a C2 the...
Replies
Views
Hi - On our small vessel we have a 12v failry powerful motor to run the autopilot, where the power is supplied by the boat's battery bank. On an...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock