Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss low voltage relay? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

old dog

-
Arms
hi, i'm new to electrics....
is there such thing as a low voltage relay? i need a relay that 'switches'' at 2.5volts (or lower)
ive got this one: http://us.100y.com.tw/pdf_file/LU-SERIES.pdf (lu-12), but 2.5v isn't 'strong' enough...
if that makes sense? thanks :D
hi what are you trying to switch? have a look at RS components or maplin you can get a slave relay
to switch the coil on a larger relay give us some more info on what you are trying achieve

L

lister

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hi jimbo

from that data it seems like you have a 12 volt relay, so yes 2.4v wont be strong enough to switch it.
have you tryed RS or Maplins, relays are available in many coil voltages to suit nearly all applications then you pick your prefered contact capacity, job done.
what is it you are wanting to switch with(trigger voltage) and what are you wanting to switch ( voltage / current)

Hope this is of some help.:)

J

jimbo198966

cheers guys :)
didnt think of maplins!! haha i'll have a trip over there tomorrow!! thanks yous!
by the way, its a little project i'm doing ;)

D

desertbootz

What about Solid State Relays? Should be able to find those from about 1.5Vdc upwards?

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to low voltage relay? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom