• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Mac book pro for sale in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
My daughter bought herself a laptop about 6 months ago
she has never managed to use it because it is not windows.
so it has sat in its box for all but a week of its life so far.

I believe it cost her about 1.5k and she was drawn in by the salesman’s talk about it being the best she could buy.

before i put it up on eBay, I thought I would see if anyone here wants to make a sensible offer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 21
I remember when I first got a Mac... many years ago now. It was like an alien world compared to what I was used to with Windows... so I know where she's coming from. I learnt very quickly that the trick was to keep telling yourself... 'everything is easier on a Mac... forget the way that windows works... just think what's the most logical thing to do'. Then it started to work... and it's true... a far superior operating system ! And incredibly easy to use (once you forget about Windows).

Anyway... how much were you thinking of ? I see that you can buy the same spec now for £1,299... so maybe I've not looked up the right spec ?

I remember when I first got a Mac... many years ago now. It was like an alien world compared to what I was used to with Windows... so I know where she's coming from. I learnt very quickly that the trick was to keep telling yourself... 'everything is easier on a Mac... forget the way that windows works... just think what's the most logical thing to do'. Then it started to work... and it's true... a far superior operating system ! And incredibly easy to use (once you forget about Windows).

Anyway... how much were you thinking of ? I see that you can buy the same spec now for £1,299... so maybe I've not looked up the right spec ?
I was thinking £800 is a sensible price?
I think it would go for 8 to 900 on eBay but I would not be surprised if it was popular with the scammers so would end up costing me time and maybe having to re list it.

It was bought in April
i presume the spec can be found from the model number in the picture of the box?

My MacBook Pro is a mid 2012 and runs Windows in Parallels and the Mac software, in all that time it has never crashed or needed a hard re-boot, I remember doing that often on a PC running Windows, don't sell it investigate running Windows on the Mac if she must, the only reason I have windows is due to some manufactures utility programs only run on it, very short sighted of them, but it's gradually changing as they realise more and more people are changing to Mac's.

I have upgraded my Mac to 16GB of memory and a 500GB SATA hard drive, not difficult to do, it's as fast if not faster than my wife's 2020 MacBook.

you can partition the hard drive using bootcamp to whatever size you want and load windows, bootcamp is already loaded. So when you start up you can chose either windows or mac

That's why I use Parallels, you don't have to reboot to enter Windows, so best of both worlds, IOS and Windows just switch between the two.

Reply to Mac book pro for sale in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net